The visit of US President Barack Obama to Moscow evoked mild optimism. If we take into account that during the era of President George Bush Jr. the relations between Russia and the US were at freezing point, then any shift in the tone of US policy must have been more than welcomed since the US approached Russia as well as own allies as the “younger brother”. An important change, which needn’t be just symbolic, is the very change of…
- Gas power plants as a part of the energy mix of the Slovak Republic
- Валашская колонизация в позднем Средневековье и Новом времени и ее значение для словацкой культурной идентичности
- The importance of gas trading hubs for Slovakia
- The military and geopolitical doctrine of Russia: new perspectives or the rebirth of an empire?
- Serbia after the arrest of Radovan Karadžić – the condition of the discussion about relations with the EU and the stance on own past
Subscribe to newsletterEnter your email address and choose which categories you wish to receive email newsletters.
TagsAbkhazia Albania Alexander Lukashenko Armenia Azerbaijan Balkans Belarus Caucasus Central Europe Conflict in Georgia crisis areas Dmitry Medvedev Eastern Europe energy energy security EU European Union gas Gazprom geopolitics Georgia Iran islam Israel Kosovo Middle East Mikheil Saakashvili Moldova Nabucco gas pipeline NATO oil OMV Republic of Serbia Russia Russian Federation South Caucasus South Ossetia Syria terrorism Turkey Ukrajina UN USA Vladimir Putin Western Balkans
DespiteBorders on Facebook